Regulated professions and other licences

Some activities are regulated in Belgium. This means that they can only be exercised when certain conditions are met:

a) Rules for liberal and intellectual professions (FR) must be respected. 

b) Certain self-employed activities require proof of professional skills.  Consult the information on the provisions and legal formalities relevant to individual professions.

Construction and electronics

Cycles and motor vehicles

Trade and services



Other professions require specific permits or licenses: nursery, security company, travel agency, retail of precious metals, driving school, transport, etc.

As soon as you begin planning your project, check with the Business Counter which permits you will need

The "procedures guide" on the website business.belgium also offers some useful information.

Updated 28/07/2017

call 1819

Mon-Fri from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
and Tue from 5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Service free of charge except call costs at local rate

infopoint 1819

Mon-Fri from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Ch. de Charleroi 110, 1060 Brussels


Follow us