Support for applied research
Any company, regardless of its size, can make a request for financial aid for industrial research projects responding to the calls for tenders made by Innoviris each year. Applications can be made at any time of year to Innoviris via their website or via the Irisbox platform.
To be able to receive this aid, the company and its projects must meet certain criteria:
- the company must develop at least some of its activities in the Brussels-Capital Region;
- the project must be innovative and have a positive impact on the economy, employment and sustainable development of the Brussels Capital Region;
- the company must be able to provide its share of the financing for the project and meet all its obligations towards the region in the context of previous aid received.
The financial aid may be allocated in the form of unrecoverable subsidies. The intervention rate depends on the financing formula and the size of the company:
- for small and very small companies: subsidy of 70%;
- for medium companies: subsidy of 60%;
- for large companies: subsidy of 50%.
These intervention rates can be increased by 15%, but must not exceed a total of 80% in the event of effective cooperation with a Belgian company, a foreign company or a research organisation. Effective cooperation is deemed to mean any partnership in which those involved:
- participate jointly in the design of the project,
- contribute jointly to its implementation
- and share the risks and results.